August 16, 2010

In His Nature

The other day, I let Preston outside to go potty, and he brought back a present for me. 

I was so scared that he had killed this poor baby bird.  However, the bird was just so scared, that it froze in place.  Preston had picked up this little guy, carried it in his mouth, and dropped it on the door.  (Those are drops of drool from Preston in the above picture...gross, I know)  And, he was so proud.  Goldens are naturally inclined to go after birds; it is in their DNA.  I was disgusted.  He could not understand why I was not happy:

Afterward, I had angry bird parents at my door for about two days. 

See how ruffled their feathers are (literally)?  I was afraid to go outside, thinking they would attack me.  I have a new appreciation for my mom's fear of birds.  Eventually, the little robin made it's way back to reunite with it's parents.  And, we all lived happily ever after.

3 comments:

Erin said...

Aww, he looks so proud of himself. Good boy for not waiting the bird. ;)

Blake said...

Should I reprint some of your mom's Halloween cards for you? :)

Pambo said...

Blake, those are the best Halloween cards ever! I totally think you should reprint them and put them on your Etsy site.