May 28, 2009

TX Part I: Welcome to Wimberley

Jason and I hit the three year mark on Tuesday . So, we went to Wimberley (Hill Country), Texas, over Memorial Day weekend with our great friends, Isaac and Kristen. We stayed in this church from the 1800's that had been converted into a lodge. We went fishing and hiking, and relaxed while taking in our peaceful surroundings. Here are a lot of pictures from our trip:




When we arrived Friday evening, the smell of roses and rosemary greeted us at the door. They had fresh-cut flowers and plants all over the place, mmm.


Isaac hanging out in the living room Saturday morning.


I was really hoping the inn keepers would give me this lamp as a parting gift. They didn't.


This kitchen actually made cooking enjoyable.


Mrs. Meyer's products were stocked in the kitchen and bathrooms.


If you arrive at night like we did, you have no idea that the porthole window (which opens, how cool) is stained glass. (Well, now you know, because I told you.)


So, in the morning, you get a lovely surprise.


Pretty.


Copper tub/shower in the downstairs bath.


Pedestal bowl sink


Back of the house


Patio





Jason the Grill Master






Getting fishing gear together in the backyard.




Cute little turtle sculpture by the garden.


Can you see the chandelier hanging from the tree?


Goofing off in the backyard.


See how big the dam was? Isaac is good to use for scale.


Weighting the line


Trying to gross Kristen out with the worms. (ignore my disgusting white legs)




How we all eventually ended up fishing.




Lone Man Creek






I love these people.

3 comments:

Pambo said...

I also love all those people.

Happy Trails said...

I'm so glad you let me know you'd posted your Texas trip. I love the converted church, isn't that funny that a church is converted. Anyway, it is beautiful. That stained glass window is gorgeous and I've never seen a copper bath tub. Did the texture feel odd to your skin? Loved the pics of you all. It is a rare find to have friends like that, cherish it.

Katie said...

How fun!! That church is gorgeous.