March 04, 2009

I love the 80's

My brother was home from college this weekend, so we hung out and went to PacSun at Woodland Hills. I was thrilled to see a treasure trove of 80's clothing coming back into fashion. The 80's were a semi-horrible decade when it came to fashion faux pas, but some of it was fun. I don't miss shoulder pads, but leg warmers bring back good memories.

I bought this shirt:


It took me back to my Rainbow Brite days. So, I asked my mom if she still had my Rainbow Brite and Puppy Brite stuffed toys, and she did! They are in mint condition, 20+ years later. Oh yeah.


They do not make shows as good as this one anymore. I also miss She-ra (of He-man and She-ra).

4 comments:

Jason Osborn said...

The 80's did have great TV shows but the fashion was awful. Funny post and great pics, my babe of the 80's.

Pambo said...

How many side pony tails did I make you wear?
Let's not forget about the following cartoons: The Smurfs, Jem, Shazam!, Masters of the Universe, Duck Tales, the list could go on and on!
But, really, the 90's were really your formative years, like the 70's were mine.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, gotta agree with Pam. Remember all those great 90s shows? Saved by the Bell, Family Matters, Full House, ...

Love the new shirt. Very cute and 80s-chic. Blake's gonna love this post.

Blake said...

I do love the 80's! Bad clothes, big hair, cheesy television, and awesome music!!! I do love the colorful, 80's inspired clothes that are back in style now. Cute shirt!