- one of the peccary nearly choking on an empty Capri Sun juice drink someone had thrown into the exhibit (he ended up being okay...we found a keeper and she removed the drink)
- a grown man feeding one of the peacocks Cheez Its
- a man and his daughter climbing over the fence into the zebra exhibit (yes, I am serious)
- Do not feed the animals.
- Do not smoke.
- Do not bring drinks with straws.
- Do not throw trash anywhere but a trash or recycling bin.
- Do not be a complete and total fool and climb into an exhibit with the animals.
- Be a friend to the animals, not an enemy.


Can you see the giraffe's tongue? I love their tongues, so long and gray and strange.

Go Zebras! Such a neat animal.


Cute little dik-dik, a member of the antelope family.


Rhino.

One of the most beautiful jaguars I have ever seen.



The poison dart frog exhibit is set up in such a cool way. It is very open so you can get great pictures. I saw a lot of kids trying to touch the frogs...don't let your kids do this.



The red kangaroo was sleeping in such a funny position. His paw (is it considered a paw, Casey?) cracks me up.

Poor, pretty peacock after being fed Cheez Its.

Curious peccary. Casey told me that one of them is named Gregory Peck, lol.


Oscar the Macaw. Did you know parrots live on average 65 years? This is why they belong at zoos, not in peoples homes as pets. Oscar started out as someone's pet, and was fortunately turned over to the Tulsa Zoo. If you are thinking of getting a pet, always do lots of research first, and be sure you can afford to take care of it.

The Tulsa Zoo is a great place to take your family. Let's boycott the circus! Choose to go to the zoo, where they care about animal welfare and education. It is a place where your kids can see so many amazing animals, and learn how to treat them responsibly. I can't say it enough...don't feed the animals. Use proper zoo etiquette and enjoy all the Tulsa Zoo has to offer. I know I did!
11 comments:
Oh, I love Oscar! I know, I'm afraid of birds, but he came and visited Tyler's first grade class. He's a pretty bird. They used to have another macaw that was red but I forget his name.
The blue poison dart frog photo was super cool.
I think, no-I know, I would snapped some photos of the stupid people doing stupid things. What in the world possesses people to allow their children to chase the ducks, spit at animals, throw food into exhibits, etc.? I'm sure Casey could tell stories that would make your blood boil.
Be a zoo friend. In case you're wondering, I have been a member so long, my zoo friend number is "13." Yep, I was the 13th zoo friend member. I joined when Tyler was a toddler. He was a zoo lovin' little dude. Me too.
Circus? NO WAY!! Tulsa Zoo? YIPPEE!
Great post Ash and those people were stupid. I don't know if it was the tone of the post or just how I read it but you sound like Bob Barker. So, "Help control the pet population; have your pet spayed or neutered.
We have a parrot, an African Grey. We have had her for about 5 years and were fully aware of the fact that we will probably have to put her in our wills to go to one of the kids! LOL!
I love the zoo, the rainforest is my favorite! We have been zoo members in every city we have lived in.
Okay, I'm totally glad you sent an e-mail saying you still updated even though the blogger lists didn't! Now I will check every day!
Love the zoo pics, hate stupid people at the zoo, and I love your 80's shirt!!
Yes, I too am glad you sent out an email about your updates! Glad you had a great time at the zoo... the weather was just perfect for it and it wasn't too crowded : ) You took some great pics... so clear and sharp! When we passed by the peacock exhibit... the male peacock was "stalking" the female. He had his beautful tail all fanned out and followed her everywhere she went, bumping into her occasionally. She was smart though... she totally ignored him... she knew what he wanted! ha ha!!
I can't believe how stupid some people can be! I'm glad to hear you were able to find someone to save that Peccary!
I took the kids friday we love the Zoo. Your pictures are awesome and you got a great picture of Sammy!
I can't beleive people they amaze me.
The last time we saw a little boy peeing outside of the food court. I thought maybe his parents didn't know he was about three or oh they did. How stupid is that? Come on in there is a bathroom inside! Brice even brought that up on friday.
I do hate that the brown bear passed away.
I'm glad you were able to find the small mammals keeper to remove the Capri Sun from the peccary exhibit. People are morons. I have seen so many people feed so many animals their lunch leftovers that it's ridiculous. People - the keepers feed the wandering fowl every single morning. No need to supplement with Cheese Puffs, bread crusts, gummy bears, etc.
The pic you got of the otter is excellent. Very nice.
Now, the pic of the emu - is that the one that you were telling me about - that you were worried about its eye, or something?
The kanga pic is cute too. It's little paw sticking up like that. So funny.
That Aldabra Tortoise you took a picture of - her name is Toffy. Short for Tons Of Fun. She's a "hefty" girl. :)
Glad you had a great time at the zoo. Good anti-circus plug too!
Those are some good pics. Ella really loves to go to the zoo. I really need to take the kids!
Have you seriously not updated your blog since March 7th? Come on, update!
Post a Comment