Speaking of Britney, have you been watching Randy Jackson presents America's Best Dance Crew? If not, you need to see it. Last week, all of the crews had to dance to a Britney Spears song. Quest is my favorite.

It is the Beat Boys group, featuring Hok. Remember him from So You Think You Can Dance?

There is even a group of cloggers on there. Yes, you read right, cloggers. I have to be honest, I was a little shocked to find myself routing for them. Everyone loves an underdog.
And, of course, ABDC has a mix of all things pop culture from my teendom. For one, Mario Lopez, or, AC Slater as I grew up knowing him as, hosts the show. Then you have JC Chasez from 'NSYNC judging.

About 10 years ago, I saw 'NSYNC in concert with my mom and my best friend, Tiffany. JC was my favorite member of 'NSYNC, and Tiffany and I wrote him and Justin Timberlake fan letters. I am sure they read them and held onto them all these years. Yes, yes, yes, here we go, 'NSYNC has got the flow. Only a true fan can appreciate that line. This brings it all back to Britney Spears. She opened for 'NSYNC. Of course, we all thought she was terrible. We wanted Justin and JC (well, not my Mom, I think she liked Joey, yuk).
Speaking of my mom, when I was in the ninth grade, two of my friends got three front row tickets to see the Backstreet Boys in Chicago. They invited me, and my mom did not want me to miss school, so I couldn't go. I was so mad at her at the time. Quit playing games with my heart. Now, I forgive her, because it's annoying to teachers when parents pull their kids out of school for things like that. I get it now. I actually ended up getting to see the BSB in Kansas City with Tiffany.
By the way, Tiffany and I have met Britney Spears. We met her in the tenth grade in a Kansas City mall. Not on purpose. We saw a large crowd while shopping, so we went to see what the ruckus was about. It was Britney. Right next to us. She is my height, 5'2. I did not think she would be so short.
Were we some crazy teeny-boppers, or what? Hanson did and always will top them all. Here is a picture of Tiffany and me with Taylor Hanson. We waited forever to meet them, and I kind of forced Taylor upon our picture. It was worth the wait.
Now, if I could only get a picture with Zac. I think I'll need to bring Heather Walker with me in order for that to happen. I'm a good fan, but not as good as she is.
I'll leave you with a good laugh...my best Britney impression.

9 comments:
That post had a little bit of everything from your teen years. I make no apologies for liking Joey the best. He was the only manly one in the group at that time. Now, I prefer Justin, especially when he teams up with Timbaland. Woo hoo! I've always been a Hanson fan because they seem so clean cut - Ike was always may favorite. Aunt Vickie and I always held out a little hope that you would marry him so we could be Hanson road groupies. Love the Tiffany/Taylor/Ashlee photo. Britney - Pleh. I have to admit her songs are hard to get out of your head if you accidentally hear one or see her on MTV. Womanizer, womanizer....
I meant "my" favorite not "may."
Hey, I just realized I'm on your sidebar. Funny! Look at how my granddog idolizes me. Isn't that cute? As for knowing the Britney song, how immature am I? Oh well.
I cannot believe you liked JC, he is the dirtiest one of them all. Anyways GO TEAM QUEST.
You blog is quite the menagerie this week, isn't it?
Want to know something funny? Shannon and I used to take clogging lessons. HA! This was when I was like 13 or 14, and shannon was about 8 or 9. I took lessons for over a year. Shan dropped out after a couple months. And no, I will not clog for you.
I think I forgot about you meeting Britney. Weird. That was probably back before she was skankalicious and a crazy head-shaving mother. :)
Oh my. I loved that post. I haven't seen that dance show thingy, but it looks good and I might just have to make it my new favorite show (since Pushing Daisies is no more). Ah, I hated all of those bands/singers in high school. Of course, now I love pop music. Oh, and Casey... clog lessons?!? Why did you never tell me of this?
Oh man, I have a friend who would be SO jealous of your Taylor pic. Which doesn't he have like a bazilion kids these days? How things change.
Wow, you just took me back in time. Love it but I must say I think we need to delete the Britney songs. She was so not nice to us :)
Ashlee, I just read that you wanted my e-mail address. It's mkirkpatrick6@cox.net Sorry I took so long to get this to you. I had not looked at my blog since I haven't posted in quite a long time, going to get back to it soon though.
Post a Comment