January 03, 2009

Sunshine Day

Can you believe the weather we had today? Beautiful! Jason, Preston, and I decided it was a perfect opportunity to spend the day walking around downtown Tulsa.

Enjoying our Starbucks outside Crowne Plaza and the BOK tower:

I know you're wondering if Preston was deprived: don't worry, he had plenty of food, water, and treats.

You may also be wondering how we were able to take this picture. Did we:
a.) Awkwardly ask some random stranger
b.) Lug around a gigantic tripod
c.) Attach the camera to Jason's Gorillapod, and hang said Gorillapod from a nearby tree

The answer is C. We used Jason's cool Gorillapod, given to him at Christmas from Kevin and Mandi. If you are wondering what a Gorillapod is, it is a miniature tripod that can be manipulated to "grab" onto an object. Like I said, cool. It looks like this:



The Center of the Universe in front of the Center of the Universe. (If you don't know downtown well, you don't understand the caption joke; it's a Tulsa thing.):


My two cute guys.


Can you see Preston (and part of me) in the crackled reflection?


These weird plaster busts were sitting in the window of the Mid-Continent tower. I thought they were funny. They remind me of the Haunted Mansion's Grim Grinning Ghosts at Disney World.






We all had a fun day. Preston was pretty tired, so we took him home so he could sleep.


Then, Jason and I went to see Seven Pounds. I thought it was really good, but I am an unreliable source for any movie review featuring Will Smith; if he is in it, I will see it. Warning, though, it is a tearjerker!

Have a great weekend! I know I'm trying to enjoy it while I can. I will have 88 new highschoolers awaiting me at school on Monday. Excited? Yes. Nervous? You betcha.

8 comments:

Pambo said...

Those bust statues creep me out! Love, love, love the center of the universe and the statue bearing his name! The only thing that could make that photo of Jason and Preston any cuter was if "the boy" was in the pic also.

Pambo said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Pambo said...

Oh, the gorillapod is very cool and Preston looks really golden in the photos. He usually looks a little darker.

Good luck with the new group of kids. They will probably be fun and they will all be perfect little angels, but on the off chance that you have a not so perfect student, rest up tonight!

Sorry I had to delete and start over because I had two misspelled words.

Happy Trails said...

Yesterday was a perfect day for a family outing. Looks like you had a great time of togetherness. I agree with Pambo, those busts are freaky. Preston is fortunate to have you as people parents. I'll be thinking of you as you try to "get in your bluff" with the new students. I bet enrollment into art class has increased since that hot new teacher started.

Erin said...

That gorilla thing is quite the invention. It would solve many a picture-taking conundrum.

Also, I thought you should know that I received a very smart little Jonathan Adler pencil set and carrying case for Christmas. Since you are a fan, I knew you'd appreciate that.

:)

Anonymous said...

LOVE the pics of Prest-O. He definitely does look a lot more golden in those pictures.

The busts reminded me of the Haunted Mansion... even before I saw your caption.

That picture of Preston sitting next to the Center of the Universe cracked me up... not because of Pres, but because... if that was us trying to get a shot of Ro or Cami off leash, they would have been gone in a flash. But alas, Preston is a rare breed - the behaved breed. :)

BTW, Cami's first obedience class was Saturday. Oh goodness. I'll have to tell you all about that sometime. We were all exhausted when we got home.

Since you have a new class of students, maybe you should go ahead and tell them how not-fun it is to vandalize the home of Mr. & Mrs. Osborn.

:)

Anonymous said...

In that one pic of Preston and Jason it looks like Preston is grinning from ear to ear! Haha... It's hilarious!

Blake said...

Those busts do look like something from the Haunted Mansion!

Also, I want a Gorilla Pod now.