Here is my own version of Martha's Good Things (for the non-cook) that I always have in stock:
1. California Pizza Kitchen frozen pizzas. My favorite pizza flavors are the Margherita, the White, and the Four Cheese. I buy the large ones, and I like to use them on my night to "cook." I fear Jason is becoming tired of these delicious pizzas. If he gets to the point where he is burnt out on them, I will resort to taking them for lunch at work. See, they even came out with pizza for one:

2. Kashi TLC (Tasty Little Cookies) Oatmeal Raisin Flax. These cookies are a recent discovery for me. I have to tell you, the way Kashi uses the TLC acronym, and what it stands for, annoy me. I don't want the food I eat to be labeled as tasty and little. Quit trying to be cute, Kashi, and just let me decide for myself if I like your product.

Okay, I like it. I tend to stay away from any dessert that masquerades as healthy. If I want a cookie, I want all the real sugar and butter that come with it. But, I tried Kashi's breakfast bars, and these were right next to them. So, I thought, why not? And maybe I eat these for breakfast.
3. Simply Orange with Mango.

When we went to Disney World this summer, we attended a character breakfast at the Polynesian Resort Hotel. I tell you this because while there, we were served the best orange juice ever. We were told that Stitch made it. You know, as in Lilo and Stitch. I don't like Stitch. But, if he came over and made me his special orange juice, maybe I would change my mind about him. This orange juice, flavored with mango, is the closest thing I can find to the juice we had in DW.
There you have it. Praise Jesus that I married a man who can and likes to cook. What are your pantry/kitchen must haves?

P.S. See? I told you I don't like Stitch. If I were to caption this photo, it would go something like this:
Me: (Fake Smile) Go away, Stitch. I don't like you. Get back to the kitchen and make me that O.J.
Stitch: (Forcing himself upon a photograph...being lazy trying to get out of making more O.J.)
Jason: (Oblivious to the Stitch hatred going on.)
Tyler: What are you doing here, Stitch? This is my senior trip, and nobody likes you. Go back to the kitchen and get Goofy out here.
8 comments:
I raised an almost perfect daughter. My only failing was that I didn't teach you to cook. You have your art/creative side and I can cook. Any idiot can follow a recipe but only a fortunate, talented few can paint! Any one who knows you can tell you have on your fake smile. Stitch - pleh. Get back into the kitchen and stir up some of that Disney magic o.j.! And bring us some Mickey waffles and fresh pineapple slices while you're at it, please.
I love your list posts!
Also, I noticed you said "on my night to cook"...meaning you only cook one night a week and Jason cooks the rest?!!? A-mazing.
Kitchen staples: Petite diced tomatoes, crushed tomatoes; REAL butter, diet Coke with lime (yes, I'm back to drinking soda. I'm weak); cashews and pistachio lover's mixed nuts.; On the Border tortilla chips; carrots and celery with Litehouse brand Southwest Ranch dipping sauce. Hershey bars, graham crackers, marshmallows for S'mores-Tyler's home, you know; Lovera's spaghetti sauce and spaghetti for emergency dinners. Man, I'm hungry!
How could I forget shredded cheddar/jack cheese - the giant bag? Taco Bell no fat refried beans and Hell on the Red salsa when I don't have homemade on hand.
This post is cracking me up!! Your hatred for Stitch is hilarious!!
Hmmm ... kitchen staples ... Black & White Trail mix from Archer Farms, Yoplait yogurt, and Kashi Go Lean Crunch cereal and Soy Milk. And I always keep plenty of cans of cream of chicken, cream of mushroom, and chicken broth around so I can dump them in a crock-pot with some frozen chicken if I'm too lazy to actually cook that day.
LOVE California pizzas, by the way. Josh gets mad when I buy them because he likes the more fatty and rugged pizzas, but I insist on pizzas of the thin and crispy variety. :)
Hmm... kitchen staples...
1.) Taco Bueno leftovers
2.) Mazzio's leftovers
3.) chocolate
That's about it.
... oh, and I do like the Digiorno's stuffed crust frozen pizzas too.
Regarding my recent post, I'm glad to know there are others out there in a similar stage in life. Makes it not so ... isolated.
Also, like yours, my mom always says that I have a 'fake' smile in some of my less comfortable photo opportunities. For example, the Christmas card sent out last year was not received with rave reviews from my mother who deemed my smile "uncomfortable." And she is usually right! ;)
Kitchen staples: Bertolli spaghetti sauce, lots of cereal, lots of soups (canned), apples, yogurts, shredded chicken, chocolate graham crackers, popcorn.
Casey Rose said I should tag everyone and have them list some of their favorite material things, so here you go. Consider yourself tagged! Check out my blog for my faves. I know you've done something similar, update your list.
Post a Comment