1. Eggnog or Hot Chocolate? I am not sure. I can't remember if I have tried eggnog or not, so I say either.
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? Santa wraps them, because not only do we leave him milk and cookies, we don't forget his reindeer. They get carrots and water. Santa acknowledges and rewards our thoughtfulness.
3. Colored light on house/tree or white? White lights on the house and tree.
4. Do you hang mistletoe? No
5. When do you put your decorations up? The day after Thanksgiving, if I can wait that long. Sometimes my Christmas spirit gets the best of me, and I start putting things up a few days before that.
6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? Cranberries and sweet potato casserole. Do those count as non-dessert?
7 . Favorite holiday memory as a child? Waking up at my house on Christmas morning, and then going to my Nanny and Pappa's house in the afternoon. I still do that, does that make me a child still?
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? Santa is real. I tell my high schoolers that they had better be nice, because Santa is always watching.
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? Yes.
10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? Red and gold ornaments. Yes, I have the same color scheme as my mom's tree. I am a copier. In my defense, I picked out her ornaments.
11. Snow. Love it or dread it? It depends: I love snow that a snowman can be built from, or snow ice cream can be made from, or can be skied on. I dread the Oklahoma ice-slush snow that is scary to drive on.
12. Can you ice skate? Yes, I can. I used to go to the skating rink in downtown Tulsa when I was little all the time (before they got rid of it). I have also skated on an outdoor rink in Chicago with Jason, and our friends, Isaac and Kristen.
13. Do you remember your favorite gift? Yes, my GPS that I received from my parents last year. It has proven to be the most used gift I have ever been given.
14. What is the most important thing about the holidays for you? Being together with family, and remembering why we celebrate Christmas. Although it is nice to give and get gifts, it is not about the presents. I think this year, more people than ever are finally realizing that.
15. What is your favorite holiday dessert? Bon-bons and pumpkin pie. Oh, and Godiva chocolate truffles...I get those at Christmas every year from Jason, and they are heavenly.
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? I have to agree with my mom on this, and say that the cousin human pyramid is one of my favorite traditions. Also, Jason and I have a pickle ornament that we alternate hiding on the tree. Jason's mom and dad have a pickle ornament, too. I also really love Christmas books that my mom has collected, and I think I may start collecting them, too, as a new tradition.
17. What tops your Christmas tree? Strands of gold beads. I also have a Swarovski star tree topper that Jason got me last Christmas.
18. Which do you prefer - giving or receiving? Giving, I'm serious. I always get so many great gifts that I don't deserve. And, I really like receiving the gifts, but honestly, I get more excited about finding the perfect present for someone else, and seeing their reaction. I am very fortunate to be able to both give and receive gifts. It really kills me to think that there are people who wake up to nothing on Christmas morning.
19. What is your favorite Christmas song? I Celebrate the Day by Relient K is my absolute favorite; it is the best. Also, Oh, Holy Night sang by most anyone. Mary Did You Know by Marilyn Kirkpatrick (when anyone else sings it, it's just not the same, or as good). I also agree with my mom on Jessica Simpson, Baby it's Cold Outside. If I want to torture myself, I listen to her awful, breathy rendition of that song. My apologies for the above being in all italics. I cannot fix it. Stupid blogger.
20. Candy Canes. Yum or Yuck? Eh, I don't really like them.
21. What do you want for Christmas? World peace. J/K. Cowgirl boots and a Jonathon Adler lamp. Jonathon Adler (sigh).
22. Do you attend an annual Christmas party? Not really. I did have an Art Club Christmas party at my house on Friday. The kids went bowling, and then came over to play Guitar Hero, eat pizza, and exchange gifts Dirty Santa style. It was fun! It may become annual.
23. Do you dress up for Christmas Eve or wear PJ’s? Kind of dress up.
24. Do you own a Santa hat? Maybe.
25. Who do you normally spend Christmas with? My dad's side, normally before Christmas, Jason's side, this year on Christmas eve. Just me and Jason (and Preston) Christmas morning. My mom's side Christmas afternoon. Jason's mom's side sometime after Christmas.
Now, I get to tag five others. I don't know who hasn't been tagged. ? Tiffany?
All you have to do is copy the above questions and paste on your blog (with your answers, of course!) Then tag five of your friends. Come on, it's fun!
No comments:
Post a Comment