December 07, 2008

I am the Jedi Master, kids

New school story:

Last week, I was sitting at my desk updating some project ideas during class while my students were supposed to be working on their CD assignment. (Sidenote: They researched a visual artist and designed a CD as if the artist was a musician, making up their own song titles. They are coming up with some good stuff.)

I have caught about 4 different kids over the course of the term texting under the table (so obvious), but nothing as blatant as what I am about to tell you. From across the room I heard a familiar sound. Without even looking I knew what it was. I said, "Wow, I cannot believe you have the nerve to play the light saber game in my class." The student turned bright red, and the kids could not believe I knew what the iPhone game was just from hearing the sound.



Come on, kids, I'm cool and I know everything. And, maybe my husband plays that PhoneSaber game.

8 comments:

Tyson and Lisa said...

that is AWESOME!! I bet you're a great teacher!

Anonymous said...

Man, when you told me that the other day, I laughed so hard. Good job recognizing stupid star wars-themed games just by the sound. :) Maybe that's a sign that Jase needs to lay off the iPhone games a little. :)

Pambo said...

I don't know whether to be afraid by your wicked powers or to be amused by the fact that Jason is such a gamer.

Blake said...

I really admire anyone who can teach. ALL those kids, ALL day long! Art class was always my favorite though... I bet it's fun to teach.

Kina said...

Okay that cracks me up!! Don't these kids know who they are dealing with.
And Austin loves playing that on his dad's phone...maybe we should arrange a play date :)

Stacy said...

That is too funny!

Pambo said...

Hey, you've been tagged! Check out my blog.

Erin said...

Ha, this is an awesome story! That is the sign of a great teacher! ;)