May 13, 2008

Giftage

My mom is one of those people who totally picks up on little things said throughout the year, remembers said things, and turns that "I wish" into fabulous presents.

For example, "I wish I had Crate and Barrel's Starburst Mirror."


Poof! Crate and Barrel Starburst Mirror. Happy Birthday to me! Thanks, Mom!

I also have birthday money from Ron and MJ, and I can't decide what I want to do with it. I love getting money as a present, too. I usually have trouble spending it, though, because the practical person that lives in me tells the frivolous person (also living in me) "you need to buy gas." But, I am SICK of my current lamps, and these new lamps from Crate and Barrel are divine:






Lamps are practical, right? I know what you're thinking. You're remembering my old post where I said I was decluttering. Well, I am decluttering. Haven't you heard of out with the old, in with the new? The NEW lamp would take the place of the OLD one, hence no clutter formed. Thankyouverymuch. So, should I get a lamp?

3 comments:

Pambo said...

Hey, no comments, so I'll be the first. I say get the lamps. I love them and then I could have your old lamps! (If we're talking your red lamps.) Order today!

Anonymous said...

Yes, get lamps! Or spend the dough on a Shutterfly book. Yay Shutterfly!

Kina said...

YES!!!! Get the lamps. That is what birthday money is for! Fun, frivolous things that you don't necessarily "need". You can be practical with your own money! :)