Cuz 25 ain't bad. So, yesterday I turned 25. I had a great birthday weekend! I received a number of really cool gifts, which maybe I'll write about later. More importantly, my birthday was great because I spent it with family.
My mom made a fabulous dinner on Friday: taco salad, queso, rice, salsa, mmm. She also made THREE desserts: lemon cake, chocolate truffle cake, and my favorite, a raspberry tart! Along with my dad and brother, my aunt, uncle, cousins, and grandparents were there. We played Scene It on X-Box, and took the dogs on a walk. It was so fun!
Saturday, Jason and I had an activity at church. Oh, BTW, we joined First Baptist Tulsa downtown. We are volunteers for Crossover Ministry, which buses in kids from North Tulsa to meet Sunday nights for music, a lesson, and basketball. A different Sunday school class provides dinner for the kids at each meeting. They also have an activity every month; this month was The Amazing Race. Jason and I were in charge of the Salsa Dancing leg of the race, where the kids had to participate in a 20 minute lesson. We all had a great time! Other legs/detours included eating a hamburger at McDonald's as fast as they could, doing a flip from a giant trapeze, finding a stranger in a crowd and doing the chicken dance for their clue, and eating dried crickets seasoned with sour cream and cheddar, yuck! We really enjoyed hanging out with the kids.
Jason took me to El Guapo's on Saturday, so good! I love the atmosphere there, and the service is great. The waiter had on a shirt that read "Viva! Tulsa," and I need to find out where he got it, because I want one. I was too busy having fun eating and enjoying Jason's company, so I forgot to ask the waiter where I could find it.
Sunday, Jason and I went out to eat with Ron and Mary Jane at Lone Star Steakhouse. We figured it would be super busy, being Mother's Day, and it was crowded, but not nearly as much as we had anticipated. We discussed who would win Survivor (we were all wrong), and talked about stuff to do at Disney World. Ron and MJ just got back from vacation there, so we were able to find out what's new. Mary Jane gave us her Disney Insider Guide, so I am excited to read up on that! Then, we went over to their house for dessert. Preston came over to play, too. It was fun!
All in all, I had a great birthday weekend. I got a card this morning from a coworker that read, "Congratulations! Heard you're expecting...another birthday! (scared ya, didn't I?)" Hehe. OMG, let's hope the baby insinuation is not true. I am 2 to the 5. This quarter of a century, aka my life, has been a good one so far.
7 comments:
Happy Birthday! WOW, sounds like your weekend was full of fun and yummy food! Oh, by the way, crickets, YUCK!!!! I could never do that, kids are crazy!
I hope you had a wonderful birthday! Did you get my card? I thought it was cute. Sounds like you had a very busy weekend. Your mom said that she kept teasing you that you're a quarter of a century old now! :) Did you get any cool gifts? What did Jas get you?
Happy Birthday well it's kinda late but better late than ever right! I've heard really good things About El Guapo... I'll have to try it:)
Happy Birthday! I am turning 25 next month. I am glad to hear there was a lot of good eating and fun. We just joined Freedom on Sunday. I am glad you guys found the place where God wants you. Sounds like a great ministry for the kids!
Yeah for May birthdays! As a fellow mid-May birthday woman, don't let your husband/future kids lump your Mother's Day and birthday together, okay? They should be separate celebrations with separate gifts, right? I have a feeling that's coming for us, ya know? Happy Birthday! We want to know what you got!
Happy Birthday! Sounds like you a awesome one! The food sounded really yummy!
Can't wait to hear what you got!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! (a little late) 25 is a great age, and I just think it gets better as you get older! At least that's what I am telling myself. It seems like you had a fun, long, birthday weekend!
Post a Comment