May 05, 2008

Bittersweet

I wish my mom had a blog (everyone please convince her to start one!), as she should be the one to post these. I couldn't resist bragging on my brother, though! Here are a few of his senior pictures. They were taken by Lisa's Portraits. Lisa was one of the photographers for Jason's and my wedding. These were all taken in downtown Tulsa. She did an amazing job:







The quality is not true to life, as these were scanned to the computer, but if you were at Grad Night last night, you were able to see all of the pictures. There are A LOT and they are all super great.

I tagged along and carried his skateboard during his shoot; it was fascinating to see Lisa's vision and process come to life. I had a lot of fun with my mom and Nanny there, but it was hard realizing what was really happening: senior pictures. I feel like I looked away for a second, and Ty grew up on me. I am really excited for him, knowing he is graduating and going to college. But, I'm having a tough time dealing with the fact that after this summer, I won't see him as much. I feel in so many ways that we are both still kids, and it's as if I woke up one day trapped in a grownup's body, like in the movie Big.

5 comments:

Annie said...

You are so sweet! I feel the same way, I feel like a big kid in an adults body as well. I hope Lily loves Cooper as much as you love your brother some day.

laura said...

Tear... That is so sweet! And wow the pictures are really awesome!

Anonymous said...

Aw, I love the movie Big (with Josh Baskin) :) I am happy for Tyler. Where's he headed this Fall? Guess where I'm headed this Fall? Nowhere...because I graduated!!!!! Woo hoo!

Kina said...

Those are such great pictures of Tyler. I love him so much in the youth group, and REALLY going to be so sad when he is gone!

Stacy said...

You make me cry that is so sweet! I hope McKenna and Brice are close some day they are driving me nuts with the fighting!
He is a handsome fellow! Awesome pictures! I am thinking about sendng your Dad an OSU care package what do you think? HA Hope your Mom isn't reading this!