It all started with this piece of furniture, the Trollsta in yellow. I saw this on a Dallas IKEA trip before I was ever pregnant, and I knew that I had to have it one day, when we did decide to have a baby. It is actually a dining room sideboard. I am going to use it as a changing table. This piece of furniture had Eli's G-Ma driving me all the way to Dallas, then Houston, because that was the last store it was available at.
It also came in about 453 pieces. The Baby Daddy and Uncle Tyler put it together, with some help from Preston :) So nice.
An inspiration photo, of sorts. I knew from there that I wanted to use gray, black, and white, with a pop of yellow. This photo has a lot of yellow, and I like it, but I wanted to balance it with gray for Eli's room. Too bad they discontinued Metropolitan Home magazine.
Some details of what is hung on the wall...The artwork is a linoleum print made by an artist I highly respect, Linda Scudder. This print was created at Quartz Mountain, and is called November Trees. She gave me the artist's proof, and I adore it.
A Picasso quote that I am fond of ("All children are artists. The problem is how to remain an artist once he grows up.")
Jonathan Adler frames.
Alexander Calder inspired mobile from CB2.
Oeuf Sparrow crib in gray from Modern Nursery (again, assembled by Jason, but much easier assembly than IKEA), Sheepskin rug from IKEA.
Bedding (a gift from Eli's Great-Nanny) from Dwell Baby. Love it.
Floor pillows from IKEA and Target.
Boxes from the Container Store. I had to have them when I popped open the lid to discover YELLOW on the inside.
Now, I await my wonderful glider, which was a joint birthday gift to Jason and me from my parents and grandparents. It should be here soon. Here are the fabric swatches (charcoal upholstery with stone piping):
Things are coming together!














4 comments:
Are you for hire as a decorator? Want to come and help me? Everything looks FABULOUS as I just knew it would being your baby's nursery!!! You're amazing Ashlee!!!
All that's missing is the best thing - Eli!
It's a seriously great looking room. The grandboy will be very happy to spend time in that room, when he's not at G-Ma's house spending time in his other nursery!
Yeah for pictures. It looks great Ash. I can't wait to actually see it in person someday.
That is going to look awesome! I love it. Seriously very stylish. Keep the pics coming!! :)
Post a Comment