April 26, 2010

Halfway There

I cannot believe we are already halfway to meeting Eli! (That is the name we chose, by the way) It seems like things have flown by so far. I felt Baby Eli's first kick this weekend, which was exciting. I also had my first uninvited belly touch this past week. It was one of my special ed students, and I saw the hand coming, whatever. It's not a big deal. I think it's funny that she is fascinated.

The students who ask me the most questions, and are the most excited are, oddly enough, my ninth grade boys. They were so anxious to find out if Baby Osborn was a boy or girl, they polled my classes (which is kind of fun, right, Erin? :). They were dying to know names that I liked. And, they were thrilled when I told them about the gender reveal party that we had. They were all, "Mrs. Osborn's having a baby shower!" I told them, no, it was not a baby shower, it was a family party. Then, I had to explain the difference between a party and a baby shower. They saw an ultrasound photo on my desk, and were oohing and ahhing over it. One of them is trying to get me to name the baby after him (not going to happen). They crack me up. Who knew freshman boys would hold so much interest in a baby?

Jason, my mom, my grandma, one of my best friends, and I went to a store called Ding-Bats last weekend. It is a really neat store that specializes in strollers, carseats, etc. Jason and I liked it so much that we ended up registering there. Hooray! No dreaded Babies 'R Us for us! Here is the Baby Daddy with a Baby Bjorn carrier:


Here are some pictures of the growing belly (clothed, don't worry! You won't catch me showing off a bare pregnant belly...I have a complex about that sort of thing).

16 Weeks (Preston wanted in on the picture, why not?)


17 Weeks


18 Weeks


19 Weeks


20 Weeks


Jason and I have been working on the baby room lately. It's coming together nicely. I'll have to post some pictures of it soon.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

That Eli is going to have an awesome mom and dad... And big furry brother... And gma. :)

Stacy said...

I love the name Eli. Your clothed Belly is so cute! You are beautiful woman.

Pambo said...

Is it September yet? I love these photos because I see you often enough that you don't seem to get any bigger. I can see that Eli is growing. Yippee! Get strong, little guy. And I'm with you. Clothed belly shots are the best.

Erin said...

Love the name. Love the belly. Love the classroom poll!! ;) And, now that I think about it, my 12th grade boys were super into the pregnancy as well. One of them asked me to give them one of my babies should I have surprise twins. Yeah. Right. ;)

You look SO adorable as a preggo!! Keep the pics coming. Your virtual friends love them! :)

Cassie said...

Ahh so cute! Love the name. Love the pic with Preston in on it.

laura said...

Hey you are one beautiful pregnant woman. Super excited to see pictures of the little guy. I love his name. Sometimes I call Elijah Eli for short :)