This weekend, Jason and I took our super fun, adorable niece with us to the zoo. She was so excited about each exhibit, and made going to the zoo even more fun.
Two cuties:

Freezing in the igloo

I never knew about this mesh side viewing until Alora told me that we could go up some steps for a better look at the penguins; smart girl!

What I love most about the zoo is that the experience is different with each visit. This time, we got to see an elephant paint. If you don't think that an elephant painting is cool, there is something wrong with you.



Enjoying cotton candy at the "Elephant Parade," as Alora called it.

The chimps were eating bowls of salad. I had never seen that before, either.

Alora and I were fascinated by this rattlesnake. He had stitches near his rattle, due to an abscess that needed draining.

Remember when one of these landed on me?

This Grand Cayman lizard is huge! I wouldn't want to run into one of his kind.

After riding the train and seeing most of the animals, we headed back to my house for some Disney movies, Preston play time, and crafting.
The finished products: Perler beads and picture frames.

It was a good day.
1 comment:
Alora is so cute. Love the photos of the zoo, but I like the picture of Preston and Alora the best.
The crafts are awesome!
Post a Comment