October 30, 2008

She Devil

There was a performance of Dracula at school tonight, and it was fabulous. One of my kids was part of the cast; she did a great job. I told all of my art students that if they attended the play, I would give them extra credit. There was also an audience costume contest, and if my students dressed up, I would give them double extra credit points.

I decided that I would dress up, just so my kids could have a good laugh. What could be more perfect than their teacher dressed as the devil? They liked it.


Maybe I had fun, too.





My costume would not have been complete without the pitchfork. This picture is a little blurry/scary. Jason came with me to the play and took this one. Maybe he was frightened by the costume next to me (that is one of my students; he was a scary monster guy). They made everyone who was in costume get up on stage to be judged. I was not very happy about having to be up there. I did not dress up to get a prize; I just did it for a laugh. Oh well, I told my fellow teacher who was judging not to give me anything. My student ended up winning first place, yea!


Tomorrow, my kids are going to paint abstract landscapes, and I am bringing them Halloween cupcakes. What could be better than painting and eating cupcakes at school?

Happy Halloween!

4 comments:

Pambo said...

You should have worn a blue dress then you could be "Devil with the blue dress, blue dress, blue dress, devil with the blue dress on!" I still think Jason should have dressed up and been the "Teacher's Pet"!

Anonymous said...

Love the costume. Looks great! I think more students and faculty should have dressed up though.

Happy Trails said...

You are the cutest little devil I've ever seen. You may not appreciate this but there is more of your mother in you than I realized. What a great teacher you are to encourage and participate with your students. I never had a teacher make me cupcakes. Keep up the good work.

Shannon said...

You are so darling...even as a she-devil! I bet you get mistaken for a student all the time! By the way, I love how you and your mom always match your music to your post - I would never have time for that, but I love hearing yours!