First, my brother, Tyler, for moving a TON of stuff last Friday morning and afternoon. I wish I had a before picture to show just how much stuff he moved; I didn't take one, so I will just tell you. All of my stuff, plus the teacher's things in the prefab next door, was stacked on my carpet due to the floors being waxed this summer. Tyler moved all of it; I could not have done it without him. Thank goodness the A/C was on in my room that day. Speaking of Tyler, I am totally falling apart now that he moved to school. I was in major denial that he was leaving. I couldn't even go with him today when he moved because I was an emotional wreck. Pathetic, I know. But, I will miss him being around here.
Second, Jason helped me position all of the furniture in my room last Friday night. I turned into one of those crazed interior design stagers, and had him moving things a million different ways. He was very patient, as always. He also set up my computer and the student computer. All of this was done without A/C. We were hot, tired, and hungry, but he never complained.
Third, my most amazing, helpful, organized friend, Casey. (Shoutout to Roman and Cami for letting me borrow your Mom's organizational skills for the day) She helped me all day last Saturday. She labeled everything, while I documented what was mine in the class. She also took all of these pictures:
Here I am in a state of panic when we arrived. See the shelf behind me? I had no idea what was in it. We went through everything.
Here are some of my many art books.
I bought clear tubs to put everything in. Casey brought her labeler, and I bet she labeled over 200 items. We went through two dispensers of label refills.
These are the boxes that we had left after organizing. One for donations, another for trash, and some for recycling. Casey helps me stay "green."
Ta-da! Remember what the shelf looked like in the first picture? Not anymore! Everything is now organized by item. This satisfies every OCD bone in my body.
This is a great poster that my mom brought back for me from Paris. It is so cool; so much art represented in one poster. I had it framed to put in my class.
A shot of the organized class.
Posing with the drawing mannequins. I must mention that we worked with no A/C, since we were up at the school on Saturday. I think it made us both a little crazy. I wish I could afford to pay Casey to be my co-teacher. Wouldn't that be fun?!
And last, but not least, my Aunt B. gave me a great refrigerator for my room that she had from when Andrew was in school. I have no picture, but it is so nice having it in my room! Since I am out in a prefab, it saves me so much time to be able to eat lunch in my room. Or, if I need water, I can just grab it out of the fridge. Awesome!
I have such great friends and family. I would be lost without them!
13 comments:
YEA! I am so excited for you. I remember the first year I taught school, it was first grade and I may have a little OCD in me as well. I had way to much fun organizing everything! Good luck this year!
Your are going to do great! I love how your organized. I wish I was a bit more. Good luck:)
I love the mannequin pic. It's my favorite. Casey really is a good friend to work so hard with no a/c. Oh, by the way, "Can I have a hall pass?"
I am sooooooooooo glad that's done! But we had fun in the process. Oh, yeah... how old are you, Mrs. Osborn? :)
Another frequently heard question: "Are you married?"
Congratulations! Setting up my room for the 1st day of school was always one of the things I looked forward to! I have found that there are only 2 types of teachers: 1)OCD - rooms completely organized and cute all the time and 2)Non-OCD - everything is a mess ALL the time. Have fun this year!
Oh my goodness---you're a real teacher! You're gonna be great! I would've loved to have you as my art teacher...maybe I'd be more artistic today if you had been...
All that hard work paid off, your room looks great!
Hope you have a great year! I'm sure all the students will love having you as their art teacher. From what I've seen, they are lucky to have such a talented teacher.
How is Mrs. Osborn liking school so far?? Your class room looks great! You really do have awesome friends and family! Love the ballerina pic! Too Cute!
Congratulations!!! I always enjoyed setting up my classroom and being in charge of a group of students!! I am excited that you are teaching this year, yippy!! Hope you have a GREAT first year!
Wish you I could eb one of your students! I loved art class! Have a happy school year and I can't wait to hear all the fun stories.
Your room looks great!
Hey so I am new at this whole blog thing. Just droppin in to say hey! Classroom looks great!
Hey, Mrs. Osborn, check out my blog. I nominated you for a special award.
Post a Comment