June 03, 2008

The Big Bang Theory



Don't let the title fool you; this sitcom is television at its finest. If you have never seen this show, you must Season Pass it on your TiVo. Or, if you don't have TiVo, find someone who does and catch up on what you have been missing. You could also pick up the first season on DVD, though it's not slated to release until September.

The show stars Johnny Galecki as Leonard, who you may remember as David from Roseanne. Jim Parsons plays Sheldon, the OCD physicist and Leonard's roommate. Also stealing the show at times is Simon Helberg, cast as Howard Wolowitz, Leonard and Sheldon's geeky scientist friend still living with his mother. Don't underestimate the comedic genius that is Kunal Nayyar, "Rajesh," a fellow Caltech scientist who is incredibly shy. Added to break up the geekdom is the very cool Kayley Cuoco (8 Simple Rules), "Penny," Leonard and Sheldon's neighbor across the hall. Cuoco has just the right amount of sass mixed with honest niceness toward the guys, making her character both likable and surprising.

This is the only show on television that I watch without fail. The chemistry between the characters is undeniable, and I'm not talking about their science projects. The Big Bang Theory is by far the most well written show out there today. Get geeky with it.

4 comments:

Pambo said...

You know it has to be good if you like it, your dad likes it, Tyler likes it and I like it. It's the Jason to television shows!

Anonymous said...

I've only seen a few episodes, but it is pretty funny. I saw one where Johnny Galecki's character was talking to another character's mom, played by the lady that played Jackie on Roseanne. I thought that was funny.

sandybiggs said...

I will have to check it out. I wonder if I can watch in online?
And congratulations to 2 years!
So sweet!

Anonymous said...

I love this show! It is so funny.