
I always do two coats of paint in any space (3 or 4 if I use a more saturated color, such as red). With this paint and primer in one, I only had to use one and 1/5 gallons for my entire kitchen. The paint covers so well, that even though I applied two coats of paint, that's all I had to buy (2 gallons). I probably could have gotten away with just one gallon, but I did not realize that was all I would need. Plus, it's always good to have extra.
Next, I give you my kitchen, shown before I painted (we painted the kitchen this gold tone three years ago when we moved in) I liked it, but grew tired of it:

And after: Iced Mocha (technically the color is called Basketry, but I think Iced Mocha sounds better) It also helps that I decluttered my kitchen. I have an accessory addiction. Is it sad that my kitchen and living room held enough accessories to outfit 3 homes? I know, I have problems. I am trying to be better.


Before:

After:

This was my old memo board:

New cork board display:

Before: black light fixture (never buy an upward facing light fixture, because you will have to vacuum out bugs, sick), red curtains, and plastic blinds

After: new Pier 1 light fixture, window treatments to come (I am not putting the plastic blinds back up)

If you notice the blinds over the door, the indention is courtesy of Preston's tail wagging. We're working on getting a new door, the kind with the glassed-in blinds.

My new pendant light was a bargain find. Originally $70, clearance priced for $20.

Pendant detail:

Another before shot, our originally red hallway wall (again, I liked it, too, but it was time for a change):

After, Behr Premium Plus Ultra in Chocolate Swirl:

Before, red:

After, chocolate:



I believe Preston is growing tired of our home improvement projects. He will just have to share the limelight for now, because I want to tackle the cabinets and counter tops next. Don't worry, he gets plenty of attention.
8 comments:
Just reading back over your recent posts, and the house looks great! Love the redo, and I loooove the pendant light! Good luck with the cabinet painting if you decide to take the plunge. Just be prepared for your home to look like the cabinets vomited all over the place for about three weeks...!! ;) The only tips I can give you are just personal preference: paint the insides and well as the outsides of the cabinets. I don't like the look whenever people have gorgeous white cabinetry, and then, upon opening said cabinet, it is still dark and unpainted. Go big or go home! The steps we used were as follows: sand, wipe down, prime, sand, wipe down, two coats of paint, varnish spray. We are about to be finished, and, while it's been a load of work, the overall feel of the house is great!! Go for it!!
Who knew I would like brown better than red? Shocking.
I love all the improvements because I was the fortunate recipient of a few of the castoffs.
And pet my granddog now! Poor little thing.
Ok so I was very non-observant when I was at your house because I didn't notice the red was gone and it was now dark brown. You probably pointed it out. It looks really good especially with how you redid the kitchen.
Hey, I like your new header and side bar. Very cute!
You have done such a great job on all of your home makeovers. I really like chocolate brown on the wall, looks very nice. Your kitchen looks great too!
Looks good Ashlee I love the brown. I am with ya on the bugs in the lights I will be changing ours out when we remodel.
Your house looks really great. It looks even better in person. I LOVE the new kitchen light.
** I think you should have left the indented plastic blinds... it was a nice conversation piece.
;)
I love everything you've done! Want to come and do a makeover to Sadie's new room and a boys room?
Post a Comment